Region of Origin
- Lined with a repeating set of three medallions to create multiple points of visual interest and direction
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
- Scalloped edges add a retro and feminine flourish
- A classic, eight-pointed star stands for balance and harmony
- Abrash adds visual depth and texture in its variation in color and tone
Maden is a town in central Anatolia known for rugs depicting traditional Anatolian motifs. However, rather than typical stepped details, these rugs tend to feature oversized floral designs with scalloped details instead.
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly plush—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.