About the collection
Desert Tones, a 3-piece capsule collection of flatweaves, was inspired by the desert at winter. Handel's combed-tooth cactus border is a cherished and classic kilim motif. Its macramé net fringe is meticulously tied by hand, adding a subtle, detail which also secures the edges of the rug.
- A minimalist, midcentury design with art deco elements
- Artisanal and tribal, geometric designs feature angular edges and simple shapes—like diamonds, squares, lattices, and stylized animals
- Stripes—a clean and timeless classic
- Rectangular shapes mimic castle battlements—symbolizing protection and security
- Abrash adds visual depth and texture in its variation of color and tone
New Zealand wool is a premium wool beloved for its softness as well as its long fibers. Like all wools, it has a hydrophobic layer which repels dust and dirt, and lanolin which both provides its trademark luster and protects the fiber from breaking or shedding. It's woven onto a sturdy cotton warp for added durability.
Our partner is the third weaving generation of his family, and heads a small weaving house known for their unparalleled skill. A perfectionist with color, he and his team take great pride in their work, which is evident in their final product.