Region of Origin
- A modern carpet-weaving mainstay, this medallion centerpiece design was inspired by 15th-century Persian manuscript covers
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
- Triangular amulet design—believed to protect against evil spirits and bad luck
- A classic, eight-pointed star stands for balance and harmony
- Patterned with geometrically serrated leaves
Cannakkale is the modern-day site of ancient Troy. Rugs from this region are known for their classic Turkish geometric designs, red wefts, and plush 100% wool texture.
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly plush—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.