Region of Origin
- A hexagonal shape (also known as a “lozenge”) represents the female form and fertility
- A geometric, step-like pattern often found in Anatolian designs
- A symmetrical overhead view of a floral rosette
- A classic, eight-pointed star stands for balance and harmony
- A larger border is flanked by two smaller borders
- Rectangular shapes mimic castle battlements—symbolizing protection and security
- Directional design or color gradients with purposeful asymmetry and movement
Yagcibedir rugs are crafted from pure wool and produced in the mountain villages of northwestern Turkey. These carpets are known for their extremely high quality, geometric motifs, and distinct red and dark blue color palettes.
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly plush—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.