Region of Origin
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
- A hexagonal shape (also known as a “lozenge”) represents the female form and fertility
- A geometric, step-like pattern often found in Anatolian designs
- A classic, eight-pointed star stands for balance and harmony
- An array of stripes in alternating colors—each stripe filled with stylized blossoms
Yagcibedir rugs are crafted from pure wool and produced in the mountain villages of northwestern Turkey. These carpets are known for their extremely high quality, geometric motifs, and distinct red and dark blue color palettes.
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly plush—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.