Region of Origin
- A series of repeating medallions create a beautifully complex field or pattern
- Geometric designs feature angular edges and shapes—like diamonds, squares, lattices, and stylized animals
- Triangular amulet design—believed to protect against evil spirits and bad luck
- A pattern of repeating hooks mirrors a set of breaking waves
- Just like a modern-day barber's pole, this pattern features alternating slanted stripes
Dosemealti, located in southwestern Anatolia (just north of Antalya’s seaside location), is well known for rugs that depict Anatolian-style motifs, all centered around a stylized cross.
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly plush—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.