One-of-a-kind vintage rug, handwoven and handknotted in Taspinar, Turkey
Dimensions: 8'5" x 4'3" (257 cm x 130 cm)
All rugs have been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool
- Dimensions: 8'5" x 4'3" (257 cm x 130 cm)
- Color palette: cornflower blue, golden olive, salmon pink
Region of Origin
- A hexagonal structure, also referred to as a lozenge, represents the female form and fertility
- Commonly associated with the Yoruk nomads of Anatolia, latch-hook ornaments and details protect against ill-will and sources of danger like wild animals or natural catastrophes
- Simple, tribal, bold, and colorful motifs that originate from the Anatolian region that comprises the majority of modern-day Turkey
Taspinar in south central Anatolia is known for high quality wool rugs featuring Anatolian motifs with elongated stepped hexagonal medallions and geometricized floral details.
Wool is the most popular fiber used in Turkish rugs because it is supple, durable, and plentiful in supply.