One-of-a-kind vintage rug, handwoven and handknotted in Isparta, Turkey
Dimensions: 5'1" x 8'4" (155 cm x 256 cm)
All rugs have been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- Dimensions: 5'1" x 8'4" (155 cm x 256 cm)
- Color palette: spiced pumpkin orange, coral, pale sage gray
Region of Origin
- An interplay of repeating medallions fill out the field
- A universal design feature of rugs, floral motifs appear in a variety of stylized forms from natural, abstract, to geometric
- A result of gentle wear over time, a cross-hatched fade pattern produces a soft, distressed effect that mutes the color palette
Isparta in southwest Turkey is considered one of the major rug production centers in Turkey. Turkish motifs and floral designs are common in Isparta rugs.
Wool is the most popular fiber used in Turkish rugs because it is supple, durable, and plentiful in supply. A cotton foundation is also a popular choice, used to tie the wool knots onto. Cotton is rigid and strong, providing a firm foundation that stands the test of time.