Region of Origin
- Lined with geometrically stylized Anatolian medallions
- Triangular amulet design—believed to protect against evil spirits and bad luck
- A geometric, step-like pattern often found in Anatolian designs
- A bold set of ram’s horns represents strength and bravery
- A series of geometrically stylized waves represents water—a vital element of life
Gaziantep is a major rug collection center located in southeastern Turkey. In particular, the area is known for hand-embroidered, flatweave cicims (a specific type of kilim).
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly plush—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.