Region of Origin
- A series of repeating medallions create a beautifully complex field or pattern
- Geometric designs feature angular edges and shapes—like diamonds, squares, lattices, and stylized animals
- Floral motifs are a staple in rug design—showing up in a variety of styles including natural, abstract, and geometric
- Patterned with geometrically serrated leaves
- A larger border is flanked by two smaller borders
Cannakkale is the modern-day site of ancient Troy. Rugs from this region are known for their classic Turkish geometric designs, red wefts, and plush 100% wool texture.
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly plush—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.