Aojo Washable Rug
Washable rug made in Turkey
- Power-loomed Rugs
Recently woven and never used in a home
- Beige, Cream
- 100% recycled polyester, OEKO-TEX certified
- Medium pile: about 1/2" thick (12mm)
- Machine washable, line dry. For sizes 9'x12' and above, spot or dry clean.
- Color palette: bone beige, dove gray, silvery gray, taupe, smokey mauve
- Slight variations in size due to loom allowance
We made a better washable rug. Made of recycled materials with an extraordinarily comfortable pile, these pieces are not mats: they're the real deal, thick and soft to cushion every step. Plus, their lightness and foldability makes washing easy. Done in calm neutrals, their gentle motifs are carved out in relief, reminiscent of woodcut printing.The Design
Aojo has a composition of beautiful jewel-like almost-triangles, intricately moving, creating little eyes. The negative space of its cream ground seems to twist and meander, reminding us of classic Turkish tilework. These pieces have a cool cast to them, with grays and taupes veering towards faint blues and purples. Their channeled construction is thick and soft, adding lots of cushion to your footfall. The organic, geometric shapes are a reference in part to Anni and Josef Albers' trips to Mexico, where they studied Mayan temples and pre-Columbian art, searching for inspiration among the greats.The Material
These pieces are made with recycled polyester left over from production companies who manufacture polymers for textiles, medical, and engineering purposes, and which would otherwise end up in a landfill. The polyester runoff is transformed through heat into a soft, sustainable fiber with the look and feel of wool. Our recycled poly is highly durable, shockingly soft, OEKO-TEX certified for safety, mildew-resistant and machine-washable.The Maker
Our partner in Turkey, began as a small family-owned weaving house over 50 years ago with only two looms. Today, they're recognized as an award-winning leader in weaving technology, even making their own yarn for their various types of textile production.The Designer
Our in-house, all-star design team works across Los Angeles, Istanbul, and Mumbai. Starting with the weave itself, they determine the collection material, technique, and mood. When designs are finalized, they collaborate with the supplier on an extensive sampling process, perfecting each style and hue before it goes to production.
- Clean regularly with a non-rotary vacuum
- Rotate on occasion to ensure even wear over time.
- When it's time for a deeper clean, machine wash your rug with like colors on delicate with 1 TBSP of gentle detergent. Line dry afterwards.
- For sizes 5' x 8' and above, we recommend using a 60-lb washing machine - the large kind you find at a laundromat - rather than a home washing machine, which is usually 20-25 lbs.
- Preferably line dry. Alternatively, tumble dry on no heat or low heat setting.
- If your rug is heavily soiled, or if It's tough to find a laundromat, we suggest you dry clean it instead