One-of-a-kind vintage rug, handwoven and handknotted in Malatya, Turkey
Dimensions: 3'8" x 10'11" (112 cm x 335 cm)
Vahidin has been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
Vintage, handwoven rugs from Turkey and Morocco, selected for their color and design and preserved as-is.
Typically between 20-100 years old
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- Dimensions: 3'8" x 10'11" (112 cm x 335 cm)
- Low pile: approximately 0.2" (0.5 cm)
- Color palette: coral, charcoal, ash brown gray, pale sage gray
- A series of repeating medallions create a beautifully complex field or pattern
- Artisanal and tribal, geometric designs feature angular edges and primitive shapes—like diamonds, squares, lattices, and stylized animals
- Anatolian in origin, a hands-on-hips motif represents a mother goddess figure (sometimes with a child in her womb)—symbolizing motherhood, fertility, and abundance
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
Malatya, found in central Anatolia, is known for its coarsely knotted rugs and geometric designs woven by Kurdish tribes.Material Details
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly plush—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on. This wool pile is knotted onto a cotton foundation, another popular choice in rug design. The cotton used is rigid, strong, and provides a sturdy foundation that’s designed to last a lifetime—or ten.