One-of-a-kind vintage rug, flatwoven in Usak, Turkey
Dimensions: 3'11" x 5'11" (120 cm x 181 cm)
Anlaug has been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
Flatwoven, pileless rugs that often have distinctive geometric patterns and contrasting bright colors.
Typically between 20-100 years old
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool
- Dimensions: 3'11" x 5'11" (120 cm x 181 cm)
- Color palette: lavender, warm vanilla beige, moss green
- A central medallion anchors the motif to a center focal point from which the design blooms out and is balanced by complementary design elements
- A minimalist, midcentury design with art deco elements
- Typically associated with the Yoruk nomads of Anatolia, these latch-hook ornaments are believed to protect against sources of danger—including ill will, wild animals, and natural disasters
- Abrash adds visual depth and texture in its variation in color and tone
Usak, located just west of central Anatolia, is known for carpets marking the rise of what scholars call the Turkish carpet design revolution. This refers to the transition from angular, geometric designs to the more organic, curvilinear designs found in Persian carpets—resembling Ottoman art and architecture.Material Details
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly soft—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.
- We recommend that you regularly vacuum your rug to remove dirt and grime. Depending on how heavily your rug is used, just once or twice a month is adequate. Too much vacuuming can wear down the knots and fibers more quickly. If you have a suction attachment on your vacuum cleaner, use that instead of a rotary vacuum.
- Every few months, you’ll also want to flip your rug over and vacuum the back to get the grit out of the foundation of the rug. It also helps to rotate your rug once a year to ensure even wear over time.
- Every 3-5 years, we recommend getting your rug professionally hand-washed. Please do not take it to get steam or dry cleaned—this will almost certainly damage the rug! Hand-washing requires the use of a pH-balanced shampoo, worked into the rug by hand with a soft-bristled brush, before being rinsed thoroughly. This process should be repeated a few times.
- In case of spills:
- Blot the spill until it is dry, but do not add liquid. Consult an Oriental rug specialist immediately for cleaning. Adding liquid can make it harder to remove stains, and can even extend them further. This is because moisture travels along the fiber, so in rugs with horizontal fibers (like flatweaves), it can get trapped.
Anlaug Vintage Kilim Rug
Ready to Ship