One-of-a-kind vintage rug, flatwoven in Adana, Turkey
Dimensions: 5'10" x 9'2" (180 cm x 280 cm)
Gulsina has been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
Flatwoven, pileless rugs that often have distinctive geometric patterns and contrasting bright colors.
Typically between 20-100 years old
- Beige, Cream
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- Hemp with wool embroidery
- Dimensions: 5'10" x 9'2" (180 cm x 280 cm)
- Color palette: warm vanilla beige, espresso brown, silvery gray
- Stripes—a simple and timeless classic
- Directional design or color gradients with purposeful asymmetry and movement
Adana is located in south central Anatolia. The town serves as a trading center for a diverse assortment of rugs from the region, and is specifically known for its multi-panel kilims.Material Details
Hemp is one of the most durable natural fibers out there. Turkish artisans crafted pure hemp rugs up until the ‘60s—when cannabis production became illegal. Because of the ban, hemp kilims are incredibly hard to come by. In this instance, Anatolian symbols woven from wool have been hand-embroidered into the hemp base.
- We recommend that you regularly vacuum your rug to remove dirt and grime. Depending on how heavily your rug is used, just once or twice a month is adequate. Too much vacuuming can wear down the knots and fibers more quickly. If you have a suction attachment on your vacuum cleaner, use that instead of a rotary vacuum.
- Every few months, you’ll also want to flip your rug over and vacuum the back to get the grit out of the foundation of the rug. It also helps to rotate your rug once a year to ensure even wear over time.
- Every 3-5 years, we recommend getting your rug professionally hand-washed. Please do not take it to get steam or dry cleaned—this will almost certainly damage the rug! Hand-washing requires the use of a pH-balanced shampoo, worked into the rug by hand with a soft-bristled brush, before being rinsed thoroughly. This process should be repeated a few times.
- In case of spills:
- Blot the spill until it is dry, but do not add liquid. Consult an Oriental rug specialist immediately for cleaning. Adding liquid can make it harder to remove stains, and can even extend them further. This is because moisture travels along the fiber, so in rugs with horizontal fibers (like flatweaves), it can get trapped.
Gulsina Vintage Kilim Rug
Ready to Ship