One-of-a-kind vintage rug, flatwoven in Malatya, Turkey
Dimensions: 5'10" x 5'4" (180 cm x 165 cm)
Radoslaw has been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
Flatwoven, pileless rugs that often have distinctive geometric patterns and contrasting bright colors.
Typically between 20-100 years old
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool
- Dimensions: 5'10" x 5'4" (180 cm x 165 cm)
- One-sided fringe: measures 5.9" (15 cm)
- Color palette: eggplant, crimson red, evergreen, ash brown gray, navy
- Stripes—a simple and timeless classic
- A minimalist, midcentury design with art deco elements
- Abrash adds visual depth and texture in its variation in color and tone
Malatya, found in central Anatolia, is known for its coarsely knotted rugs and geometric designs woven by Kurdish tribes.Material Details
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly soft—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.
- We recommend that you regularly vacuum your rug to remove dirt and grime. Depending on how heavily your rug is used, just once or twice a month is adequate. Too much vacuuming can wear down the knots and fibers more quickly. If you have a suction attachment on your vacuum cleaner, use that instead of a rotary vacuum.
- Every few months, you’ll also want to flip your rug over and vacuum the back to get the grit out of the foundation of the rug. It also helps to rotate your rug once a year to ensure even wear over time.
- Every 3-5 years, we recommend getting your rug professionally hand-washed. Please do not take it to get steam or dry cleaned—this will almost certainly damage the rug! Hand-washing requires the use of a pH-balanced shampoo, worked into the rug by hand with a soft-bristled brush, before being rinsed thoroughly. This process should be repeated a few times.
- In case of spills:
- Blot the spill until it is dry, but do not add liquid. Consult an Oriental rug specialist immediately for cleaning. Adding liquid can make it harder to remove stains, and can even extend them further. This is because moisture travels along the fiber, so in rugs with horizontal fibers (like flatweaves), it can get trapped.
Radoslaw Vintage Kilim Rug
Ready to Ship