One-of-a-kind vintage rug, handwoven and handknotted in Isparta, Turkey
Dimensions: 7'8" x 11'0" (235 cm x 337 cm)
Tuba has been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
Vintage, handwoven rugs from Turkey and Morocco, selected for their color and design and preserved as-is.
Typically between 20-100 years old
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- Dimensions: 7'8" x 11'0" (235 cm x 337 cm)
- Low pile: approximately 0.2" (0.5 cm)
- Color palette: navy, camel, warm vanilla beige, slate gray, tan
- A central medallion anchors the motif to a center focal point from which the design blooms out and is balanced by complementary design elements
- Classic and timeless Persian motifs feature intricate patterns and floral designs, all framed by a border
- Twin pendants flank a central medallion
- The corners of the rug are heavily ornate
- A crosshatched fade from gentle wear over time produces a soft, distressed look, muting the original color palette
- A larger border is flanked by two smaller borders
Isparta of southwest Turkey is considered to be one of the major rug production centers in the entire country. Rugs from this area typically feature traditional Turkish motifs and floral designs.Material Details
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and soft—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on. This wool pile is knotted onto a cotton foundation, another popular choice in rug design. The cotton used is rigid, strong, and provides a sturdy foundation that’s designed to last a lifetime—or ten.
- We recommend that you regularly vacuum your rug to remove dirt and grime. Depending on how heavily your rug is used, just once or twice a month is adequate. Too much vacuuming can wear down the knots and fibers more quickly. If you have a suction attachment on your vacuum cleaner, use that instead of a rotary vacuum.
- Every few months, you’ll also want to flip your rug over and vacuum the back to get the grit out of the foundation of the rug. It also helps to rotate your rug once a year to ensure even wear over time.
- Every 3-5 years, we recommend getting your rug professionally hand-washed. Please do not take it to get steam or dry cleaned—this will almost certainly damage the rug! Hand-washing requires the use of a pH-balanced shampoo, worked into the rug by hand with a soft-bristled brush, before being rinsed thoroughly. This process should be repeated a few times.
- In case of spills:
- If the spill is organic and non-oily (e.g., wine), use a paper towel or cloth to blot the liquid. Add some clean water sparingly to the spot to dilute the stain (or wet a paper towel or cloth) and blot. Repeat this process until the stain is removed.
- If the stain is persistent, resist the urge to scrub. Scrubbing can damage the wool fibers and more easily allow the stain to penetrate. You may try using a mild detergent, such as very diluted dishwashing soap, following the same blot-and-rinse procedure.
- If the spill is a denser, more oily liquid, try first to scoop what you can from the surface using a spoon or perhaps some heavier paper, and then do the blot-and-rinse. If the spill is significant, non-organic and/or composed of chemical substances, or the above methods don’t work, we suggest getting the rug professionally hand-washed as soon as possible.
- For rugs with deeply saturated color palettes, be sure to spot-clean them in an area that can be hosed down immediately after, as some color bleeding may occur.
Tuba Vintage Persian Style Rug
Estimated ship date in 4 weeks