One-of-a-kind vintage rug, handwoven and handknotted in kars, Turkey
Dimensions: 5'1" x 7'9" (155 cm x 238 cm)
Calae has been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
Vintage, handwoven rugs from Turkey and Morocco, selected for their color and design and preserved as-is.
Typically between 20-100 years old
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool
- Dimensions: 5'1" x 7'9" (155 cm x 238 cm)
- Low pile: approximately 0.2" (0.5 cm)
- Color palette: baby blue, salmon pink, moss green, canary yellow
- A central medallion anchors the motif to a center focal point from which the design blooms out and is balanced by complementary design elements
- Artisanal and tribal, geometric designs feature angular edges and simple shapes—like diamonds, squares, lattices, and stylized animals
- Twin pendants flank a central medallion
- The corners of the rug are heavily ornate
- A larger border is flanked by two smaller borders
Kars, found in the easternmost part of Turkey (near the Caucasus border), is known for its rugs woven with modified Caucasian designs. Almost always constructed with an all-wool foundation, these rugs are coarsely woven in either earth-toned natural wool colors (like cream, gray, and brown) or pastel pinks and blues.The Material
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly soft—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.
Calae Vintage Turkish Rug
Ready to Ship