One-of-a-kind vintage rug, handwoven and handknotted in kars, Turkey
Dimensions: 6'5" x 8'5" (198 cm x 257 cm)
Hadi has been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
Vintage, handwoven rugs from Turkey and Morocco, selected for their color and design and preserved as-is.
Typically between 20-100 years old
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool
- Dimensions: 6'5" x 8'5" (198 cm x 257 cm)
- Low pile: approximately 0.2" (0.5 cm)
- Color palette: salmon pink, cornflower blue, bone beige, tan, faded raspberry
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
- A central medallion anchors the motif to a center focal point from which the design blooms out and is balanced by complementary design elements
- A geometric, step-like pattern which expresses the primitive, artisanal qualities of weaving from nomadic cultures
- The corners of the rug are heavily ornate
- Artisanal and tribal, geometric designs feature angular edges and simple shapes—like diamonds, squares, lattices, and stylized animals
- A larger border is flanked by two smaller borders
Kars, found in the easternmost part of Turkey (near the Caucasus border), is known for its rugs woven with modified Caucasian designs. Almost always constructed with an all-wool foundation, these rugs are coarsely woven in either earth-toned natural wool colors (like cream, gray, and brown) or pastel pinks and blues.Material Details
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and incredibly soft—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on.
Hadi Vintage Turkish Rug
Ready to Ship