One-of-a-kind vintage rug, handwoven and handknotted in kayseri, Turkey
Dimensions: 6'6" x 10'0" (199 cm x 305 cm)
Laimondas has been professionally cleaned; age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs.
Vintage, handwoven rugs from Turkey and Morocco, selected for their color and design and preserved as-is.
Typically between 20-100 years old
- Beige, Cream
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug — only one in stock!
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- Dimensions: 6'6" x 10'0" (199 cm x 305 cm)
- Low pile: approximately 0.2" (0.5 cm)
- Color palette: warm vanilla beige, slate gray, ash brown gray, puce brown, pale sage gray
- A series of repeating medallions fill out the field in balanced, ornamental details
- Artisanal and tribal, geometric designs feature angular edges and simple shapes—like diamonds, squares, lattices, and stylized animals
- A geometric, step-like pattern which expresses the primitive, artisanal qualities of weaving from nomadic cultures
- A symmetrical overhead view of a floral rosette
- A bold set of ram’s horns represents strength and bravery
- Architectural elements represent significant structures like monuments, churches, temples, and ruins
- A larger border is flanked by two smaller borders
Kayseri, a key rug production center in central Anatolia, is known for rugs featuring finely knotted Persian or geometric motifs.Material Details
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and soft—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on. This wool pile is knotted onto a cotton foundation, another popular choice in rug design. The cotton used is rigid, strong, and provides a sturdy foundation that’s designed to last a lifetime—or ten.
Laimondas Vintage Turkish Rug
Ready to Ship